Plenty of people get back into the dating scene in later life after a breakup or the loss of a late one, and there are apps specifically for the ‘older’ generation. Just because you have aged a few years doesn’t mean you cannot date or be in love again! Shown below are just a few I have found in Australia (3 for ‘seniors’ and 2 which aren’t but have good ratings from senior):
Not only for Australian singles, this network has a nice interface and app (with a good chat option built in). All photos are verified, and it seems be be a popular dating app. Available on Android and Apple. Best thing is that you can only join if over 50.
At the time of wiring, it has been around for about 10 years, and boasts a database of 35 million members. It is quite unique in that Zoosk is all about ‘gamifying’ the dating experience, so that the experience is made to be fun. Zoosk can be used on your desktop, and also mobile (iOS and Android). For safety, photo verification is in use to stop fake profiles. When using the service you are served ads but I don’t think they are intrusive. The standout of Zoosk is that they use Behavioral Matchmaking™, which brings up the best possible matches by analysing each member’s sent messages, replies and viewed profiles. There appaears to be no age limit on Zoosk so it is not a seniors only service.
A dating site for over 50s, but the relationships can be romantic OR plutonic with Silver. There is a free membership option which is good to try it out. Cons – Smaller membership base than other sites but I don’t see that that as a bad thing – overall ratings on the site are quite high. There are no mobile apps, so it is only desktop. Once you fill out the quite detailed questionaire, you can vuew the profiles of other members by certain criteria.
Give one or all go if you want to meet someone online… and potentially in person down the track. Just a few tips –
- Keep your profile real – probably doesn’t need to be mentioned as at our age, you really aren’t into trying to impress with exagerrated details anymore are you? 🙂
- Having said the above, make sure your profile and pic paints you in a positive way!
- Stay Safe – Your first meeting should be in a public place, and I would avoid over pushy people. Don’t forget the old rule ‘if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is’
- Be yourself! Show your character when you are in contact, and ask questions to find out more about your potential partner.
- Oh, probably not a good idea to mention ex-partners ……
For you tech minded people, I came across this graphic which speaks for itself:
So, do you have issues with technology? I grew up with it and am a ‘nerd’ so I’m OK but not everyone is like me. Let me know in a comment below if technology is confronting to you. I am happy to do separate posts on technology – specific subjects if you like. Let me know!
Already tried the ‘seniors’ online dating scene? How did it go? Leave a message below.